July 12, 2022 - 10:16 am
Scholarships Available: Earn certification in digital skills through Google
For those interested in learning new digital skills, Google offers professional-level training and certifications through their Grow with Google program. Upon completion of the program, graduates can share their resume and new skills with employers who have committed to considering program participants for entry-level jobs including Wells Fargo, SiriusXM, Verizon, Salesforce, Ford, and Crate & Barrel.
Scholarships that fully cover the monthly program fees are currently available to Michigan residents through Northwest Michigan Works!, a 20Fathoms partner in advancing tech education opportunities in our region.
Who Can Participate
- Those interested in learning new skills to make a career change
- Individuals who are already working in technology and seeking to improve their skills
- Must be a Michigan resident to qualify for scholarships
Cost to Participate
Free via scholarships accessed through regional Michigan Works! offices.
Digital Marketing & E-commerce
Digital marketers use online tools to teach customers. E-commerce specialists grow online sales.
Good for: If you like connecting with people online or building an online presence.
IT specialists troubleshoot problems so computers and networks run correctly.
Good for: If you like solving problems and helping others.
Data analysts collect, transform, and organize data in order to help make informed business decisions.
Good for: If you like uncovering trends/patters and visualizations
Project managers ensure projects within an organization are managed and completed with maximum value.
Good for: If you like solving problems, organization, and working with people.
UX designers make digital and physical products easier and more enjoyable to use.
Good for: If you like understanding people, drawing, and thinking creatively.
Android developers build, maintain, and debug Android mobile applications.
Good for: If you like solving problems, collaborating with others, and working with computers.
Benefits & What to Expect
- Free online access to coursework through Coursera.
- Learn at your own pace and on your own time. It typically takes 3-6 months to complete the program.
- Plan to spend up to 10 hours a week on coursework.
- Access career resources like coaching sessions, mock interviews, and resume builder tools.
- Successfully complete the class and receive a competency-based certificate.
- Submit your resume to the Google employer consortium of major companies throughout the country.
Visit Grow with Google to learn more about the program.
Scholarships are limited and available now.
Take the Next Step
To apply for a Grow with Google scholarship and enroll in the program, individuals in Northwest Lower Michigan should contact one of these team members from Northwest Michigan Works!:
If you are outside of Northwest Lower Michigan, contact your local Michigan Works! agency.