February 1, 2021 - 5:07 pm
20Fathoms announces HealthSpark Accelerator for digital and telehealth startups
20Fathoms is pleased to announce the HealthSpark Accelerator, a new accelerator program for digital and telehealth startups. The line-up of keynote speakers for the accelerator includes global leaders in tech innovation, rural healthcare, and digital health.
“20Fathoms is committed to strengthening rural communities and economies in Northwest Michigan by providing programs and resources that foster technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship,” said Lauren Bigelow, Executive Director of 20Fathoms. “Healthcare is one of the most critical industries for supporting rural innovation, where we can help bring world-class healthcare solutions to patients in rural areas through advanced technology. We’re thrilled to be kicking off the HealthSpark Accelerator with this incredible slate of speakers.”
- Casey Cowell, Co-founder, U.S. Robotics; Principal, Boomerang Catapult
- Aashima Gupta, Director, Global Healthcare Solutions, Google Cloud
- Salim Hasham, Director and Global Head of Business Transformation Partnership, Google
- James Nicholls, Partner and Managing Director, Fitzroy Health
- Peter Rasmussen, MD, Chief Clinical Officer, Cleveland Clinic/Amwell Digital Health Joint Venture
- Quinn Solomon, Partner, Bain & Company
- Sarah Sossong, VP, Virtual Care and Winter Street Ventures at Commonwealth Care Alliance
Keynote presentations will be open to the public. Registration information will be shared at a later date.
Who should apply?
Pre-seed, seed, and A-round digital and telehealth companies who are looking to hone their value proposition, expand their knowledge of health systems, and vastly expand their network are invited to apply for the HealthSpark Accelerator. Those chosen to participate will work with healthcare experts to learn how to bridge operational and delivery gaps on topics including: supply chain, reimbursement, IT, regulatory, clinical application, business justification, budgeting, venture capital, and strategic investors.
“Digital and telehealth startups often provide advanced life-changing and lifesaving technology, but it can be difficult for them to get a foothold in the highly complex and traditional healthcare industry,” said Jack Miner, President of HealthSpark at 20Fathoms. “Through the HealthSpark Accelerator, startup leaders will learn critical information on how to successfully introduce their products to payers, providers, and strategic partners. They’ll graduate from the accelerator in a position to get their products to the people who need them more quickly.”
Additional HealthSpark Accelerator Details
- What it is: A 20Fathoms initiative, participating digital and telehealth companies will engage with healthcare experts across the business spectrum to learn how to bridge operational and delivery gaps. Successful participants will graduate with a more robust and networked company as well as the knowledge and preparation to execute a pilot with a rural hospital system. Happening virtually in 2021, the 12-week program covers critical topics to help health tech companies grow.
- When: April 12 – Jun. 30, 2021
- Who should participate: Pre-seed, seed, and A-round digital and telehealth companies. Opportunities to participate are also available for rural healthcare providers, mentors, angel and venture investors, corporates, and strategic partners.
- Cost: There is no cost to participate in the HealthSpark Accelerator due to substantial grant support.
- Sponsors: Munson Healthcare, Boomerang Catapult, Casey Cowell Charitable Fund, Jim & Diana Huckle Family Foundation, AXIOS HR, Northwestern Michigan College, and Ford Insurance Agency.